Glasgow Airport Car Park Investment
An excellent opportunity to purchase an individual car parking space 5 minute drive from Glasgow Airport.
The proposition is for an investor to purchase an individual long-stay airport parking space that is leased back and managed on your behalf by a well established airport parking company with over 20 years experience. A unique feature of the investment is the on-line booking software and number place recognition systems which allows for a very hands-off approach to benefit end users and investors alike.
Traditionally, airport car parking provides higher yields than other traditional ‘buy-to-let’ investments. The scale of popularity and the rise of interest in car park investments are exemplified by the global market size, which is estimated by Colliers to be worth £12.6 billion. Investors worldwide understand the need for airport car parking and with many car parks operating at full capacity on a daily basis this investment is proving very popular as well as lucrative.
With spaces from £25,000 per car parking space in a fully completed car park. Single or multiple parking spaces are available to purchase,which provide a guaranteed return within the first two years of 11% per year (£2,750 per space invested in). Each parking space carries a single title deed, which is registered in your own name or that of your company at the Land Registry.
Glasgow Airport is expanding, along with all other main city airports. It offers strong long-term growth due to the massive expansion of global air travel. Glasgow Airport long stay parking is an excellent commercial property investment and a fantastic way to diversify your investment portfolio.
FACTS AND FIGURES GLASGOW AIRPORT
• 7.1 MILLION Approximate passengers per year
• 20,000 Approximate passengers per day
• 24 Million forecast passengers by 2030 (BAA)
• 17,900 forecast demand for long stay parking spaces by 2020
• 2,700 Airport long stay parking spaces
• Stable Returns
• Providing 12% per year net average returns
• 1st and 2nd year yield paid upfront instantly
• 11% NET per year assured for first 2 years
• Full ownership of 175-year lease car parking space
• From £25,000 cost per space for a maintenance-free property asset
• Prime location next to Glasgow Airport
Growth of the Airport Parking Industry
Car parking investments has proven to be both popular and lucrative. Restricted supply plus strong demand underpinning rental growth – now is a great time to take advantage of current market conditions.
Supply and Demand at Glasgow Airport
Number of car parking spaces required in 2009 was 15,500. Glasgow Airport Draft Master Plan 2011 showed 2,700 long stay car parking spaces in 2011. Forecasted rise in passenger numbers suggest by 2020 long stay car parking spaces need to increase to 17,900 to fulfill demand from travelers.
CUTTING EDGE CAR PARKING TECHNOLOGY
The developer has introduced Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems, online booking facilities, on-site vehicle valeting along with meet and greet services to name but a few state of the art car parking services. The car park works on a rotational basis utilising the the spaces equally over the year.
Get More Information
• Minimum investment of £25,000 per space
• 11% return guaranteed for the first 2 years
• 1st and 2nd years yields paid up front
• Management company guarantee minimum return of 11%/12% – plus any surplus will be an additional dividend
• Each space comes with a 175 year lease
• Each site has a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) valuation
• RICS valuation of £30,250
• Each space is being sold at 20% below market value
• Full 24 hour security system and CCTV
• Each car park space is register with the HM Land Registry
• Buy back option after 10 years for 125% of original purchase (125%)
• 950 spaces
• Within 1 mile of the airport – 5 minutes drive
• Occupancy rates of 81.4% — higher than UK average
• Only 6190 spaces serving the 7.2million footfall- plenty of demand
• Glasgow is Scotland’s largest city
• 2nd largest airport in Scotland (7th in the UK)
• 5th most visited city in the UK